Senior Analyst - Global Accounting and Analytics
Purpose of the role
The role is primarily to support the accounting / analytics function.
- Provide accounting support for generation of journal creation / processing, reconciliations, monthly reports etc.
- Apply basic internal checks and controls
- Support various accounting and reporting initiatives.
- Journal preparation and processing as per IHG policy
- Preparation of Reconciliations, General Ledger Schedule and Trends
- Running GL queries for research and clearance
- Team Leader / Asst. Manager – Global Accounting and Analytics
Direct Reports / Indirect Reports
- Direct: N.A
- Indirect: N.A
Key Collaborative Network
Key Shared Accountabilities
- Financial process delivery
Key Internal Relationships –
- COE and FP&A
- Global Technology
Required Education, Experience, Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (B.com) + ACCA student / Affiliate
- 2+ years progressive work-related experience in accounting and finance.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication written and verbal
- Good Accounting knowledge and the ability to apply them to the company's accounting practices.
- Understanding of relevant systems and applications used in accounting function like PeopleSoft and/ or Essbase is desirable. Conversant with MS Office.
- Understanding of the key policies impacting the process.
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights)
- Interpret and journalise requests
- Support finance initiatives to streamline and improve day to day activities
- GBSC delivery
- System teams-GT