Exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join a large-scale Transport company in Melbourne's South-east.
Our client is a highly reputable Transport Services organisation and one of the largest providers in Australia. They pride themselves on leading the way in transport through the partnership of their high-performing teams and shared commitment to continual improvement in all areas of their business.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Monthly and statutory financial reporting including Board reports (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow), internal management and KPI reports including contract revenue, labour management, fuel analysis and associated variance analysis.
- Assist with financial planning and analysis including budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with Tax compliance.
- Seek and implement automation and simplification of finance processes and workflow.
- Assist with authorisation of online payments
- Assist with Annual reconciliation of payroll tax and WorkCover
- Provide assistance to Finance Manager and wider finance team.
- Be an integral and effective member of the management team.
- Develop good working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
You will be CA/CPA qualified or nearing completion with at least 2 years' professional Accounting experience. You will be enthusiastic, career-driven and motivated to take on a challenging role in a large business. You will have exceptional communciation skills, as well as advanced Excel skills and exposure to multiple Accounting systems.
- Large-scale organisation
- Career mentoring and development
- On-site parking
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Angus Harding on +61 3 8562 5425