GL Lead Business Analyst
Description (About Us)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. We advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. We provide you a superior foundation for building a professional career where you can learn, achieve and grow
We have built strong techno-functional teams which partner with our offices globally taking global ownership of systems and products. We have a vibrant and diverse mix of teams working on different technologies and functional areas. There is a large focus on innovation, inclusion, giving back to the community and sharing knowledge.
We are looking for a 6+ years experienced tester/business analyst to support a manager within the same location and be actively involved in the rollout of regular Controllers Workbench (CWB) enhancements and bug fixes (CWB is an internal reporting tool). The candidate needs to be able to work with geographically dispersed groups across IT and Finance in a very dynamic, rapidly evolving and high pressure, high visibility project setting. Initially the role will be focused on testing, but with an expectation that the candidate will take on more business analysis responsibilities over time, including capturing and documenting requirements in the form of user stories, defining acceptance criteria and liaising with end users to obtain sign off. The candidate is expected to plan, prepare and test CWB changes ahead of regular releases, tests include functional new enhancements/ bug fixes and regression testing existing scripts to ensure existing working functionality is not impacted by the introduction of new code. The candidate is expected to work as part of a team of 4 to achieve this.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following key skills & competencies:
- Experience of working as Functional Business Analyst and have worked upon technology implementation for projects related to General Ledger (GL), Sub-Ledger, SAP Oracle, ERP, Financial Accounting in financial service industry
- Having sound knowledge of Accounting and Finance Domain and able to understand how accounting and reporting is done using General Ledger (GL-SAP) application.
- Passionate about QA/UAT, Functional and Regression testing and able to structure testing in an optimal manner
- Hands-on experience of end to end testing, preferably front-end applications with an awareness of back-end processes (e.g. Query service, database)
- Experience of test management tools (ALM, JIRA) and an awareness of test automation
- Experience in driving process improvements and efficiencies for reduced time-to-market
- Should own the quality and timeliness of delivery and not be afraid to challenge status quo
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment in a dynamic changing environment and have worked upon Agile SDLC.
- Ability to document testing evidence in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to communicate key issues and progress updates in a regular, accurate, timely fashion
- Very good communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong co-ordination (across functional groups ? stakeholders, IT, SMEs) and organisation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and formulas
- Solid data analysis and problem-solving skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.