Audit & Assurance Director
Nottingham, East Midlands
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As a Director in our Nottingham Audit Team you will work hand in hand with the Partner to lead and manage a highly successful, engaged and vibrant audit team in the delivery of a portfolio of predominantly corporate SME clients. As RI signing off the audit report you will be the clients key point of contact with Azets and will take pride in providing proactive advice to owner managers, FD’s and MD’s, thereby acting as the clients trusted business adviser. You will oversee all aspects of client engagement assuming overall responsibility for allocating work, and ensuring client service is maintained at a high level.
The Nottingham Audit Team has expanded substantially in the past 18 months with the size of the team having increased 5 fold in that time. There is no plan to slow things down, and so this rare opportunity has no ceilings with a clearly marked out route to Partner in the short to medium term.
You will be an advocate for always enhancing audit quality, whilst simultaneously taking an active lead role in business development to ensure the highly ambitious growth targets of the team are achieved.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of UK GAAP and be ACA or ACCA qualified or a fellow FCA/FCCA. A strong knowledge of IFRS would also be beneficial, but is not essential given the mix of the existing client base. You'll have experience of auditing clients within a variety of industries and the ability to manage a large portfolio of SME clients, whilst providing coaching and mentoring to the wider team.A note from the Hiring Manager
"Azets has provided me with unrivalled opportunities and I have not looked back since joining as Partner in 2019. Working closely with the Partner who previously lead the audit team, we have achieved double digit growth both in terms of fees and staff numbers for the past 2 years. I have since taken on responsibility of leading the team locally as well as for the Central Region. The autonomy, flexibility and willingness to invest in the team is what makes Azets stand out for me as one of the best Top 10 accountancy firms at which to further enhance your career and make that next step to Director, and ultimately Partner. " - Mitesh ThakrarWhat's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays - Time for you to focus on your family and what's important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Birthday Day off- Have a day off on your birthday on us!
- Private Medical Cover - Ensuring you are taken care of every step of the way.
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Hours and Working- Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - We want to help you in your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid sick leave
- Employee assistance program - For you and your family.
- Dress for your day
- Opportunity to attend social events
- Volunteering initiatives - We believe it's important about helping those who need help.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?Why join the Azets family?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.