Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Registration)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and investor services. Transfer Agency is a growing department based over 4 locations Limerick, Dublin, India and Pune. It’s a fast paced environment offering all partners excellent opportunities to grow their careers.
The Registration Team is responsible for the creating of new investment records and maintaining existing Client, Investor and Agent records according to regulatory, compliance and operational requirements. The partner will report directly to the Registration Team Leader, they will be responsible for an assigned suite of clients where the below responsibilities are carried out within strict regulations and guidelines. The partner will also be required to support more junior member of the team and be comfortable checking and validating others work. The partner will need to be able to identify optimisation opportunities as well as follow through with implementing these.
Why choose this Role on the Registration team?
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to join a fast paced team within a growing company, The partner will be exposed to many teams and departments within Northern Trust while all the time expanding your Transfer Agency knowledge. The registration team aims to provide new joiners with a good support network facilitating a smooth integration to the team.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Day to day processing work, quality checks and assurance.
- Escalation point for unresolved issues to the India Transfer Agency team.
- Oversee the processing quality and timeliness in Bangalore, seeking appropriate information from local management where required
- Coordinate client reporting in relation to outstanding registration requirements
- Workflow queue management and analysis
- Achievement of monthly KPIs
- Procedure maintenance following the change control process
- Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Ensure that appropriate segregation of duties controls are in place at all times.
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Prior financial services experience
- Understanding of Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Proactive in terms of identifying opportunities to make improvements and implement same.
- Effective risk management
- Customer Service experience
- Strong Attention to detail and time management skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.