An opportunity has arisen in the distribution finance team to support the warehouse function within the Brand Finance Department!
At Next, not only are we one of the UK’s largest fashion retailers, but we’re also one of the largest listed companies. Selling our own NEXT brand as well as hundreds of world-famous brands, in the UK and worldwide. What’s more, we’re growing. Fast. And it’s the kind of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
As well as our Logistics Finance team. Based out of warehouses in South Elmsall, we support our warehouse and distribution teams with all the data and information they could ever want. To help them plan the despatch and distribution of 14,000, 40-foot containers worth of stock per year to our 500 retail stores – and over 8 million online customers.
It’s safe to say our logistics operation is, well, huge. With over 7 million square feet of warehouse floor space. So, managing these operations in an efficient, cost effective way is about as important as it gets. Making sure our customers have a seamless experience starts here. While we’re finance teams, we work closely with operations at all times. Making this about as hands on as can be.
This role as a Logistics Finance Analyst provides reporting and analysis for all accounting aspects of warehousing for all the UK and international warehouses. As such, you will be dealing directly with the warehouse managers and their teams, as well as many other operational and finance departments in the business.
About the role:
- Prepare and complete the finance month-end process for warehousing in an accurate and timely manner
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring all balances held are accurate and any anomalies are thoroughly investigated and corrected
- Preparation of Monthly Finance Packs for each warehouse
- Conduct monthly finance reviews with the General Manager and warehouse managers
- Monthly forecasting updates with commentary on movements to previous forecast
- Close involvement in the bi-annual budget process, with budget preparation and explanation of variances to previous years
- Weekly reporting on warehouse resources, working with the operation to understand any unexpected anomalies
- Client billing for any services provided
- Ad-hoc work. These are varied but include investment appraisals
- Previous experience in a similar commercial role and who is working towards a professional qualification in ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data in a meaningful way to non financial colleagues
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees across multiple business areas and have excellent influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills including using Excel and other systems to examine data
- Due to the office location, then a full driving licence would be advantage
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 22 Oct 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.