Audit Analyst - Financial Services Organization - Service Delivery Center San Antonio
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our financial services clients.
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. You'll be working with the Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity.
The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Financial Services Office (FSO). This position is responsible for daily processing and operational support functions across the FSO Assurance business in our Service Deliver Center.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist with managing the administration of audit reporting and documentation by compiling data, review results, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Identify potential audit issues or unusual relationships from analysis of financial statements
- Apply accounting and auditing concepts to client situations
- Assist in managing the documentation and execution of specific audit procedures by maintaining document control, compiling data and documentation, and reviewing results developed by AAs
- Identify opportunities to enhance audit techniques
- Supervise the development of audit and accounting client deliverables
- Perform financial and audit data analytics
- Assist in monitoring project scope and schedule and the progress of client engagement deliverables by tracking progress of requests, compiling status reports and developing team status reports
- Supervise the execution of parts of an audit engagement
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across other EY functional groups
- Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
- Identify, communicate, and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Collect and document client financial and audit data for weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Deliver engagement specific tasks as directed
- Complete audit procedures and documentation for higher risk areas in order to broaden your technical skills (e.g., revenue, financial instruments and income taxes)
Skills and attributes for success
Analysts must have the ability to follow established procedures, review and interpret client information. Assist in the collection of financial and audit data from the client and analyzing data for possible risks.Execute on and deliver engagement specific tasks as directed understanding when to ask team leaders for assistance in unfamiliar circumstance
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree. Accounting, Finance, or Business degree
- Minimum of1-2years'experience (preferably banking, insurance, and/or wealth and asset management experience, which may include broker dealer, mutual fund complexes, hedge funds, private equity funds or other investment vehicles) in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting related field
- Proven people management experience and ability to manage large teams in a metrics-driven, managed services environment, supporting nationally distributed teams and clients
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to determine if projects are meeting milestone deadlines and budget requirements.
- Experience participating in engagement management and engagement execution and reporting.
- Minimal travel may be required
What we look for
The Analyst role strives to provide exceptional client service to both our internal and external stakeholders. This role will have the opportunity to review associate analysts work as needed.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.