HR Compliance Analyst
Under general supervision, provides support for Human Resources Risk and Compliance programs, including researching, tracking, and reporting on current federal, state, and local employment legislation; developing processes to ensure compliance with applicable employment laws, and other duties, as assigned.
- Assists HR Risk and Compliance Officer in Northern Trust’s HR Risk and Compliance programs.
- Researches, tracks, and reports changes in laws and regulations.
- Assists in EEO record-keeping, including provides statistical analyses of employee population; assists ER partners in formulating guidelines, and conducting briefings for management and HR.
- Supports the maintenance of HR’s Compliance Tracker and New Laws and Actions Taken log and provides support to the HR Risk Governance Group, as required.
- Assist in the operational execution of key policies and processes, including the Mandatory Absence Policy and key personnel identification process
- Tracks compliance poster requirements and ensures that all appropriate posters are displayed in NT offices.
- Supports delivery of HR Risk and Compliance training, including the monitoring and reporting on partner completion of requirements.
- Updates appropriate procedural changes.
- Identifies and escalates to management and regulatory compliance risks.
- Assists in the construction and distribution of reports for various governmental agencies and RFPs.
- Researches and assists in the development of reports and solutions for issues being addressed by Human Resources as assigned by Corporate Compliance and by BU Management.
- Provides support to actions assigned by Corporate Compliance and HR Management as necessary to resolve compliance issues, including actions in response to Regulatory exam findings.
- Assists in the development of key metrics and management information.
- Maintains a library of key documents.
- Participates in all applicable training.
- Assists in the processing of invoices and perform other duties as assigned.
- In-depth functional / industry knowledge
- Risk management, compliance, and/or legal background preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and strong organizational skills are required to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions, and affluent families, and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and inexperience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.