FINANCE ANALYST | CRUISE OPERATIONS
**Our UK Head office is in Luton, but TUI believes that work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from an office or elsewhere. From the basics that all colleagues will either be present in the same room in a meeting or present individually on camera on Teams we want our ways of working to be inclusive**
**Closing date is 24th September**
This is a commercial role, responsible for managing the relationship between finance and the Hotel Operations team for the Cruise line Marella, an area of the UK business which has seen significant growth and investment across the past 4 years. It offers a pathway to develop your commercial acumen in a finance team where development and internal progression are actively encouraged.
Marella Cruises operates a fleet of 4 ships for a UK customer base and operates out of homeports across Europe, Caribbean and Asia.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be responsible for managing the month-end, forecasting, and budgeting process for the Cruise Ops cost base. This will include understanding and analysing performance and highlighting any key risks and opportunities to the current forecast.
- You will work closely with the accounting team to provide backup to support the balance sheet position, through reconciling transactions listings and FP&A to provide informed commentary around key variances vs. expectation
- You will business partner with the Head of Hotel Operations to provide insightful analysis and ensure that finance is included in the decision-making process. This will comprise of producing and presenting monthly packs for your key business areas, attending supplier meetings and reviews, and other ad-hoc projects such as tenders
- You will also be required to support a number of cost-saving initiatives that will involve working with the operational team, accounting, and the ships to improve understanding, processes, and costs
- Part-Qualified Accountant with relevant experience
- Strong communication, presentation, and business partnering skills
- Proficient in using Excel and PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail
- Evidence of driving process improvement
- Strong analytical skills and able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Proactive attitude and approach
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org