AML KYC Consultant Officer
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
This position supports the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services Business Unit (PERE) within State Street’s Alternative Investment Solutions Division (AIS) through the participation in projects related to the advancement of the risk and compliance agenda for AIS. Working with the Chief Administrative Office team (CAO) within PERE the incumbent is responsible for supporting client teams in all locations servicing private equity and real estate funds.
As a member of the PERE KYC Business Integration team, the Business Integration Officer facilitates the implementation of new funds onto the STT or AIS platforms. This role has overall responsibility for leading customer (i.e., fund/entity) launches through the overall onboarding process. This process includes but is not limited to AML/KYC, Risk Ratings and overseeing the client level agreement process. The Officer has ultimate accountability for the completion of the tasks related to new business onboarding policies and procedures in accordance to established deadlines. They will liaise with internal sub-service organizations (i.e., CaRRS, risk, legal, relationship management, etc.), and serve as a subject matter expert. Responsible for satisfying business needs, identifying key issues with processes and taking a broad perspective to problem resolution. As part of the CAO team the incumbent has specific responsibilities in critical business functions.
Business Integration Team
- Collects and processes all related information and documentation required to onboard a new customer (fund/entity) onto State Street’s platforms.
- Works closely with client to obtain required documentation
- Develop strong relationship with specific clients; act as point of contact for onboarding related tasks/questions
- Works closely with business/deal initiator and the Business as related to the launch of new funds
- Review entity constitutive documents (formation/incorporation documents; Offering Memorandum; Partnership Agreements, Admin/Fee Agreements, etc.) to obtain all relevant information for establishment of entities on the respective systems.
- Coordinates overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Coordinates communication with applicable parties, Relationship Manager, deal team and Business leads concerning the project status and issues.
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format.
- Escalate to all stakeholders as necessary to ensure timely onboarding of new entities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution
The optimal candidate should be diligent, meticulous, process-oriented, and well-spoken with the ability to talk to multiple levels within both the State Street organization and potentially the client organization.
- Equivalent to a degree in Business, Accounting, Legal or related field
- Knowledge of AML/KYC policies a plus and/or 4-5 years financial services experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships within and outside of the organization
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Organized, highly motivated, and detail oriented
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Meet all requirements for performance planning process including goal setting and self-evaluations
- Participate in required and optional training
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.