Regulatory Reporting Development Manager
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Regulatory Reporting Control and Operations team, within Bank of Ireland Group Finance, is responsible for reporting prudential and statistical information to the Group's various Regulators and Supervisors. We are a professional, proactive & dynamic team and we engage with colleagues in all key functions such as business, finance, risk and treasury to ensure the accuracy of our returns.
An exciting opportunity to join the Regulatory Reporting Development team, a sub team within RRCO, who are responsible for monitoring or leading the end to end development and implementation of new supervisory returns and delivering timely and accurate financial information for non-scheduled requests from supervisors and other governing bodies (e.g. CBI, ECB, EBA, SRB).
The team is also responsible for a number of high profile deliveries to the market for example; the Group's Pillar 3 Disclosure, as well as the delivery of complex regulatory returns involving significant data analysis and aggregation.
Purpose of the Role
The primary objective of the role is to ensure regulatory change is delivered on time and in compliance with regulatory guidance, while adhering to the Regulatory Risk Management Framework.
- Lead or support the design & delivery of reporting solutions for new and ad-hoc regulatory reporting, engaging relevant stakeholders and Group functions, e.g. Risk, Finance, Treasury functions.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships (Business Units, Risk Functions, IT@BOI etc.)
- Identifying, managing, mitigating risks and, where appropriate, escalating risk and issues timely for resolution
- Establish and maintain the control framework for relevant returns covering; Interpretation of Reporting requirements / Basis of Preparation / Process Documentation
- Challenge reporting solutions and data sources and drive process improvement
What is the opportunity
You will work with a dynamic & supportive team, in a professional and friendly environment. Working closely with colleagues in our specialist reporting teams your work will help to ensure that the Group meets its regulatory obligations, while also providing you with the opportunity to gain essential business & regulatory insights which will help develop your career and open up future opportunities.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Qualified accountant or hold a relevant third-level qualification in a financial discipline (e.g. Business, Accounting) or another discipline involving a significant numerical element (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, IT).
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong interpretative and analytical skills with the ability to constructively challenge both outputs and processes
- Evidence of delivery within a demanding environment, to tight deadlines while managing conflicting priorities
- Evidence of operating in a professional manner - self-starter who takes pride in their work, demonstrates strong attention to detail, control focus and appropriate delivery ownership
- Strong team player who works well with others and supports colleagues
- Results-oriented, relationship builder and confident self-starter.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Project Management experience with a natural ability to prioritise and manage complex and inter-dependent activities to tight timelines.
- Relevant academic qualification and business experience;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ownership and integrity;
- Effective drive and enthusiasm;
- Ability to deliver change and improve current processes
- Agile - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Champion Transformation - People Manager
- Amplify Capability - People Manager
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.