MTF Regulatory Reporting Officer
Global Link, a division of State Street Global Markets, is an industry leading multi-bank FX electronic trading platform used by 19 of the world's largest 20 FX liquidity providers and most major asset managers.
State Street Global Markets operating 2 UK Multilateral Trading Facilities (MTF) – FXConnect MTF and Currenex MTF, are required to meet multiple regulatory reporting obligations under MiFID II.
The MTF regulatory reporting team have the responsibility of ensuring the timely and accurate reporting for SSGM to the National Competent Authority for Transaction Reporting, Post Trade Transparency, Instrument Reference Data and Transparency Reference Data.
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our regulatory reporting team supporting our FX business.Primary responsibilities include the monitoring and oversight of our daily regulatory reporting submissions to ensure these are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Day to day operational oversight of the quality, completeness and timeliness of our reporting and proactively managing exceptions.
- Act as a subject matter expert in MIFID II regulation for the business and assist with the review of regulatory updates with support, legal, compliance and technology.
- Ability to liaise productively throughout the organization to investigate reporting discrepancies and reconciliation breaks and to identify tactical and strategic solutions.
- Operate a culture of continuous review of procedures, seeking to identify potential areas of weakness that may have potential risks to the company.
- Resolve reporting issues and escalate to others as appropriate.
- Documenting and record retention of issues and outages and reporting these to the various business heads.
- Clearly communicate and escalate issues that impact the business in a timely manner.
- Liaise with project teams and IT in regards to any new regulatory reporting projects/initiatives to ensure that operations are fully in compliance with new regulation and that procedures are kept up to date.
- Help to identify control and quality assurance opportunities within the MTF reporting architecture and flow.
- Comply with the appropriate regulator’s compliance requirements.
- Continuously monitor MiFID II regulations, interpreting any upcoming changes and aligning our processes accordingly.
- Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to) assisting client queries and contributing to the various MTF Governance and Risk Committee meetings.
Level of Education / Qualifications:
- A Level educated.
- High education preferred but not required.
- Financial industry training, such as graduate course, desirable but not required.
- Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years prior Financial Industry experience.
- MiFID II reporting experience preferable.
- Experience within a Transaction Reporting Team preferable.
- Experience of working in a high volume pressured environment.
- Strong analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other business units.
- Advanced technical skills on data analysis and reporting.
- High attention to detail, strong analytical ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with one or more areas of regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and SQL.
- Knowledge of industry platforms, particularly for the FX asset class.
- Knowledge of MTFS/Exchanges.
- Work under own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines and escalate issues in good time.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Learn quickly.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of the lifecycle of a trade, particularly an FX derivative.
- The desire to improve the processes performed.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.