Financial Accountant M&T Financial Control
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Financial Control is responsible for delivering inputs into statutory, management, regulatory, and external reporting, ensuring the right controls are in place.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
The Markets & Treasury (M&T) Financial Control team is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the M&T financial statements, as well as delivering certain regulatory returns related to the Group's Liquid Asset Book and Derivative portfolio. The team work closely with other teams in the wider M&T Finance team.
Purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for reporting and controlling of debt securities on M&T's balance sheet. You will also be responsible for implementing process improvement initiatives and
other ad hoc activities related to Financial Reporting for Markets & Treasury.
- Production of monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting for debt securities held on the M&T balance sheet.
- Ensure that monthly close processes have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Prepare notes to the financial statements and FINREP and present to management as required
- Responsible for the delivery of MI as produced by the team (e.g. monthly analytical review and commentaries), ensuring deliverables are complete and accurate.
- Liaise with the Valuations, Hedge Accounting, Income Support and Decision Support teams in the M&T finance team, to ensure the correct measurement and classification of items in the primary statements, notes to the accounts, and FINREP.
- Control Environment: adhere to operational risk controls, including Internal Financial Controls and EUCs; liaise with external and internal auditors; identify any control weaknesses and highlight to management.
- Be pro-active in identifying and implementing potential improvements in areas such as operational risk controls, processes, MI reporting etc.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the Group and become a key point of contact on the Financial Control Team for debt securities.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as they arise e.g. implementation of IFRS 9, EBA Stress Testing.
What is the opportunity
The Markets & Treasury Financial Control Analyst role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious financial accountant,looking to expand their knowledge and experience of treasury products. The role is specifically focused on the liquid asset book which is a significant element of the Group's balance sheet
The role holder will have the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to management and other key stakeholders in the Group as a key point of contact for information on the Group's liquid assets.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- An understanding of the Markets & Treasury business (or equivalent treasury business) and the products it trades.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines with a keen attention to detail
- A commitment to delivering consistently excellent customer service.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and implement change.
- Confident, enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A keen interest in treasury functions.
- Prior experience of working in a treasury function.
- Ability to acquire and apply new technical information
- A knowledge of Visual Basic / macros.
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.