Team Leader (Private Equity Accounting)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
A vacancy has arisen in our Private Equity (PE) Operations team. This is a team of who offer a first class service to a large PE client and work as a close team to ensure deliverables are met.
You will be working as a key member and manager within the PE fund administration team whilst providing additional support to the wider team that administers large investment funds with active investment portfolios.
Key components of the role include managing and liaising with internal teams and the Investment Advisor, overseeing completion of cash management tasks, and completion of all aspects of investor administration and dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise, all within scheduled timeframes and ensuring that all client KPIs are met.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing a thorough knowledge of your PE client and their bespoke requirements with regards to key fund administration tasks and procedures ;
- Working closely with the client to resolve investor, audit and tax queries;
- Coordination with other teams within NT to ensure completion of client deliverables;
- Ensure team adherence to the cash management policy, processing fx’s and actioning requests as necessary;
- Managing and approving expense payments process on NT’s internal invoice tracker workflow;
- Managing and arranging for drawdowns, rollovers, repayments and handling all reporting actions in relation to loan facilities;
- Organisation of the investor call/distribution process from end to end;
- Management and completion of the investor transfer process;
- Dealing with fund closings, onboarding investors and related fund and system set ups:
- Company secretarial, Board minute writing, regulatory and compliance duties.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Previous in depth experience as a PE Senior Fund Administrator or Team Leader;
- Excellent management and organisation skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Customer service orientation with a concern for quality;
- Ability to problem solve and present solutions, whilst adopting a team player approach;
- Initiative to complete procedures and checklists and proactively support others in the wider team;
- Industry knowledge – know PE, financial instruments, local regulations and laws;
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.