Assistant Accountant (6 Month FTC)
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
The key objectives of the BDO LLP Finance department are:
- to protect and enhance the Department and the Firm’s reputation through rigorous compliance
- with all relevant regulatory requirements
- to enable the business to improve decision making through the provision and interpretation of
- accurate, timely and relevant management information
- to support the business with accurate, timely and efficient transaction processing
- to adopt a digital mind-set to enable our people to develop our processes to become more efficient and to utilise technology solutions to continuously improve
We’ll help you succeed
The purpose of this role is to assist the Infrastructure Cost Accountant in the month end reporting for PMDs and business partnering with the PMD functions.
This will include posting journals, analysis of general ledger transactions, maintenance of multiple accounting schedules, regular communication with employees in the PMD functions and assist them with ad-hoc queries.
- Assist with the preparation of PMD management reports at month-end
- Assist with the maintenance of the management accounts property
- schedules and relevant financial information. Such as dilapidations and
- rent free.
- Assist with the maintenance of the property and operating lease
- documentation to ensure it is up to date and related accounting is
- Calculating subtenant re-charges; Rent, Service charge, Insurance, Utilities.
- Assist in accounting for the firm’s capital expenditure
- Maintain strong working relationships and business partnering with PMD's
- Assist with the review of monthly management accounts and
- understanding the key variances to drive decisions around accountingadjustments
- Assist with the forecasting summaries for PMD's
- Establish, maintain and post month end journals
- Assist with PMD accrual and prepayment entries
- Assist with PMD related control reconciliations
- Provide high quality support to the PMD's and respond to queries in a
- timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Other Ad-Hoc duties
Key stakeholders include:
- Leadership Team
- PMD Directors
- PMD Finance contacts
- Finance senior managers and Head of Finance
- Actively studying towards a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Ability to carry out and understand reconciliations
- Strong analytical and numerical ability – able to analyse and interpret
- data, evaluate data and make recommendations
- Knowledge of Workday advantageous
- Commitment to delivering exceptional client service to internal
- Management Accounts or Financial Accounts experience within a
- professional services organisation is desirable
- Excellent planning and organising skills – able to manage multiple tasks
- Flexible and open to change
- Hands on approach
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively and confidently
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan; take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.