Tax Assistant Manager
The role will see the individual involved in both corporate tax advisory and compliance aspects, and they will have a responsibility of managing their portfolio of clients whilst working alongside other team members on larger assignments.
- Produces high quality tax advice accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines.
- Is actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries.
- Reviews tax returns and computations in conjunction with agreed timescales; ensures the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures including the completion of client take-on and keeps partners and managers informed of progress on each job.
- Demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant area of work.
- Seeks solutions to technical issues and demonstrates a willingness to understand and recognise the breadth of possible technical issues.
- Assists colleagues by openly sharing knowledge.
- Has an active role in training and developing junior members of staff and promoting a learning culture amongst staff members
- Actively seeks opportunities to attend training courses, keeping technical knowledge up to date and developing managerial competencies through in-house training opportunities.
- Monitors own time incurred and undertakes analysis as directed.
- Seeks to participate in business development opportunity and works with partners and managers to promote the firm's tax expertise and other services to clients and target clients both internally and externally.
Skills and attributes:
The successful applicant should be ATT/ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified with at least 4 years’ experience of working in a corporate tax department of a larger firm.
- Strong technical tax knowledge
- Post qualification experience of working in a corporate tax team of a large practice
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients
- Capable of working on your own initiative
- Related specialism experience
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential