Finance - Accounts Payables Payment Officer -Senior Associate (12 months fixed term) - Lebanon
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounts Payable and Receivable team is responsible for performing collections activity and payment of debt activity. You’ll focus on working with senior individuals to review and produce reports related to the accounts receivable and accounts payable accounts that will assist PwC in achieving monthly collection target amounts as well as ensuring timely payment of vendor invoices.
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,500 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Corporate Services Business includes over 1,000 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC’s global network of Corporate Services professionals operating from 157 countries worldwide.
We have delivered business and corporate services to the firm for over 40 years in the region. Our people are aligned in different ways to support different areas of our business, so that our staff and clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
Business Unit Overview
We currently have opportunities for a professional and motivated Associate, ideally with existing accounting or finance experience to work within the finance function based in Lebanon, supporting the ME region. The Payment team is a key team within the Finance & Accounting function in PwC ME. It sits within the Finance Shared Services Center delivering payments activities for all regional entities.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required within the delivery of the payment services. Responsible for executing payments and performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
We would like to hear from individuals with experience of working in a payables or finance processing function.
- Support the on-time and accurate payment of vendors.
- Preparing and reviewing approved invoices for inclusion in payment run.
- Validating payments to ensure full supporting approved documentation with required approvals.
- Preparing full payment documentation for Team Leader review.
- Contacting approval signatories for approval of payment.
- Providing confirmation to vendors of payments.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- Minimum of a university education , with Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Overall experience of 1 or more years in accounting and finance.
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills.
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail.
- Good calculation and analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage.
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload.
- Time management skills and proactivity.
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed.
- Capability to work well in a team.
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships.
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships.
- Strong work ethic.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.