Country Chief Accountant
- Co-ordinate with SSC KL Finance teams (AP, GAMA, AR, TR, T&E, Compliance and Procurement) and execute month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with month-end close checklist.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, accountable for the financial accuracy of the affiliate’s Financials.
- Responsible of all Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICFR) documentation and internal controls matters, act as owner for the ICFR tools – INVOLVE and BWISE
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation – follow up on open items and rectify any anomalies encountered.
- Submission other reporting packages accurately and within specified timeline i.e. Sustainability, Insurance reporting.
- Responsible of IFRS 16 Leasing related matters i.e SimSol /Planon.
- Review and provide approval for all manual journal entries for posting by SSC KL team.
- Responsible for all management accounting aspects i.e. Period cost allocation, COPA allocation, SSC allocation, etc.
Accounts Receivables / Accounts Payables
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivables – review and approve manual billings, review debtors ageing and determine follow up actions, ensure all sales related activities are reported timely and accurate.
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payables – review and provide approval of AP related activities i.e. vendor invoices, payment, etc.
- Cash flow management - forecast current and future cash flow requirement and arrangement for necessary fund transfers (if required).
- Responsible for all treasury matters i.e. FX deal, credit facilities, payment request, banking matters.
- Managing of master data - Chart of Accounts, Cost Center, Profit Center. WBS, vendor & customer master data, UCI, etc.
- Preparation of statutory taxes calculations and reconciliation, including tax reporting and liaising with Tax Consultant.
- Preparation of audit related schedules and documentation, including liaising with the Auditor.
- Participate in any compliance audits and responding to audit queries.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation.
- Being the main contact person for SSC KL Finance teams for issue resolution for all financial matters.
- Being the main contact person for FM in the affiliates for all financial matters, requests and advisory.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- A degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Commerce or equivalent. ACCA, CPA Australia or other accounting professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a related field and at least 5 years in accountant / audit role and people management experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices with proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably SAP. Preferred knowledge about manufacturing and large capital expenditures.
- One of the positions required the depth understanding of India’s accounting and tax statutory / legislation.
- Meticulous, independent, proactive and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and excellent presentation skills, expressing ideas and expectations in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven track record of effective relationship and stakeholder management with diverse populations (customers, colleagues and senior leaders).
- Must be excellent in influencing skills and working in a highly matrixed environment. Builds credibility through strong relationships and demonstrates excellent business partnering.
- Exceptional leadership skills. Focused on attracting, retaining and developing high performing teams. Consistently demonstrates the Roche Leadership Commitments.
- Demonstrated excellence at strategic agility, with ability to anticipate and react to changes in the business environment.
- Experience in Project Management either managing projects directly, sponsoring and/or contributing as a key stakeholder.
- Proficiency in negotiation and influencing skills, comfortable working in a dynamic, changing and growing environment.
- The ability to operate effectively across diverse cultural and business environments.
- Able to commit for business travelling when required.
Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. Roche Diagnostics is committed to create a great place to work for its employees and in 2015 we have been accredited as Regional Best Employer Asia Pacific by Aon Hewitt. Individual Best Employer Awards were awarded in Singapore, Korea, China and India.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.