Senior Associate – Corporate Derivatives & DSP Support- Americas
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Our broad and deep client relationships, market-leading platform and intellectual insights enable us to be a world-class service provider to our clients for their financing, market access and portfolio management needs.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across Institutional Equity Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based out of Mumbai and requires working with the Corporate Derivatives and DSP team based on New York. The role will require generating reports, aggregating and updating/ maintaining various data sets from multiple sources for the business. The job will involve keeping information up to date, producing management material to analyze trends and activity as well as working on various regular and adhoc tasks. Interaction will also be expected with Trading, GCM, Finance, Operations, Legal and COO teams.
The role involves working on –
Own the central data repository for IED bank activity and run queries upon request:
- Manually link together data and keep transaction level and aggregated data up to date from various sources.
- Reconcile the data to identify anomalies and get them fixed.
- Produce key metric reporting (adhoc/regular) from this database, analysing and highlighting large moves and trends with commentary.
Manage creation of periodic materials
- Create various quarterly and monthly reporting packs, including consulting with multiple data sources and teams
Own centrally maintained documents and document repositories
- Documents include templates for credit reviews, return calculators, compliance checklists and governance quorums
- Maintain various sharepoint sites and monitor inventory for completeness.
Various other requests and adhocs
- Helping the team in various other tasks and managing a variety of adhoc requests.
We are looking for a pro-active person who has a high attention to detail, is a quick learner and has a natural curiosity to understand about financial markets and products.
- Fast-learning, proactive and self-motivated person, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in MS Excel. Ability to analyse data and create charts or tables to clearly demonstrate trends and exceptions.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint. Ability to translate verbal or written talking points and highlights into material suitable for presentation to senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in order to be able to understand requirements, request data from, and present information to overseas colleagues from many different departments.
- 3 to 4 years of experience
- Derivatives or other equity capital markets knowledge and experience would be a plus.