Senior Business Adviser - Ipswich
Ideas| People| Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide.
We’llhelp you succeed
As a Senior Business Advisor you will be required to work closely and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the project. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes.
- Review and management of management accounts process for individual and groups of companies to timetables agreed with client including if needed calculation of adjusting entries
- Understanding of typical interactions between groups of companies
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other accounting frameworks.
- Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year end statutory accounts
- Sound knowledge of accounting software packages for example Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks, SAP
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Liaise with auditors as necessary
- Ensure compliance with our streams policies and procedures
- Understands WIP, scope, fees and project negotiations
- Monitor and review client financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
- Understands the clients business context to ensure we continue to deliver relevant solutions and good value
- Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
- Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
- Continues to build a network of professional contacts
- Attends client meetings with other senior members of the team
- Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
- Contributes to bid documents and proposals
- Attends relevant business seminars
- Supports trainees with their personal and professional development
- Can articulate the BSO and wider BDO offering
- Proactively identifies potential new business opportunities for BSO and wider BDO services
- Supervises the work of others when needed
- Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
- Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
- Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
- Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Good knowledge of accounts preparation package (Caseware, IRIS)
We’re in it together
At BDO,we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited.We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications,we also provide the following benefits,as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform,Flexcel,means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- takean online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals.Together,they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrityand expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people.That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.