Interim Management Accountant
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant that is immediately available in the South West. This is a cover position while the client recruit on a permanent basis, but this could also transform into a temp to perm opportunity for the right profile.
My client are a highly reputable FTSE 250 plc that are located in Bath.
The duties involve preparation of monthly management accounts for the Group costs areas mainly based in Bath but also from a worldwide perspective, to advise and review the accounting for key capital IT projects, business partner and support directors in managing their budgets, ensuring a compliant control environment, analysing key areas looking for efficiencies and assisting with other Group tasks as required to support the development of the Group.
- Manage the Group Costs management accounts in Bath and Worldwide, including:
- Month end reporting
- Expenditure analysis
- Accrual calculations
- Variance analysis
- Budget and forecasts.
- Work with directors/senior managers to produce/develop variance analysis and MI to understand the key drivers and track overall performance against budget/forecast
- Produce relevant reporting to assist stakeholders with decision-making
Capital Expenditure Accounting/Reporting
- Review capital project accounting and work closely with the relevant business partner/manager to ensure full compliance with the accounting requirements
- Assess the impact of project changes and support the directors in delivering their plans
- Supervision of all Group treasury bank accounts and transfers going through them
- Interest accrual, forecasts and cash pool analysis
- Support to Group Treasury with ad hoc queries
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A full accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- An understanding of project accounting
- A results orientated mindset and highly numerate
- Well-developed analytical skills; highly organised; flexible and focused with an easy ability to prioritise
- Well-developed influencing and senior stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
An immediate start is available for the successful candidate and a competitive day rate. Please note that this will be a mixture of office and home based working so the preference will be a candidate based within commuting distance of Bath