State and Local Government - Finance and Operations - Sr. Manager. - Multiple Locations
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice of Ernst & Young LLP (EY) provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our federal, state, local and education (SLED) clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams; quality work using the highest professional standards; operational know-how from across our global organization; and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving health care for our military, veterans, and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
EY's GPS practice is robust with tremendous potential. We combine an understanding of the public sector's diverse needs with both public and private sector leading practices focused on delivering improved public services and outcomes. We solve our clients toughest challenges by bringing together highly skilled strategy and execution professionals across Consulting, Assurance, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services, This integrated approach facilitates multi-dimensional support and flexibility to meet our clients changing needs and deliver measurable results, helping our state and local government clients achieve their missions.
Tremendous GPS team growth sparks the need for rising leaders who are connected, responsive and insightful professionals. EY values:
- Respect and teaming
- Energy, enthusiasm and the courage to lead
- Relationships based on doing the right thing
Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world?
Your key responsibilities
As one of our finance leaders, you’ll help crucial state and local government departments and agencies continuously achieve and sustain planning, budgetary and financial performance improvement in a rapidly changing environment with emphasis on transparency and accountability. Your role as a Senior Manager will focus on leading and delivering client engagements at an executive level and contributing to sales and practice development activities. In this role you could develop, deliver and manage finance transformation projects in these areas:
- Finance strategy development, operating model design and process improvement
- Shared services and global business services design and implementation
- Financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
- Finance systems (e.g., ERP’s), robotic and intelligent process automation
- Financial close, consolidation and reporting
- Cost management and profitability analysis
- Order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, and record-to-report processes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Understand the key offerings from the central pillar leaders
- Develop relationships inside the respective pillars
- Identify agencies most pressing business issues and align EY capabilities
- Drive sales pursuits with the account team and lobbyist
- Serve on engagements sold where possible to build relationships and utilization
- Lead presentations and proposals efforts for complex pursuits
- Ability to drive projects to completion and confirm that work is a of a high quality
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or related field and eight years professional experience or similarly focused master’s degree
- Minimum of six years relevant experience in state and/or local government financial management
- Originated from government agency, Big 4 or boutique consulting firm with strong existing relationships in government agencies
- Preparing complex written or verbal materials (e.g., legislative reports, budget justifications, leadership briefings) and experience presenting complex issues to executives
- Experience leading multiple teams and providing formal performance feedback
- Knowledge and experience in state or local budgeting (formulation or execution)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience as a state or local government employee in a leadership role
- Experience in at least one functional area (e.g., Finance, Budget, Controller, Auditor)
- Experience in Business Case Development, Performance Improvement, Change Management, and Program Management
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance or higher
Hiring locations include
Rochester, NY, Sacramento, CA, Hoboken, NJ, Tallahassee, FL, Atlanta, GA, Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX, Denver, CO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Philadelphia, PA, Louisville, KY, Columbus, OH, Chicago, IL. St. Louis, MO, Boston, MA, Nashville, TN & Annapolis, MD
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated, talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box and continue to learn. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.