The Audit Senior will be responsible for leading Audits, managing and mentoring junior staff. You will be reporting to the Audit Manager and Partners at this Independent Accountancy Practice based in Birmingham
This modern and progressive Birmingham based Independent Accountancy Practice are looking to have an experienced individual join their vibrant team as an Audit Senior. The firm believes in a genuine work life balance and encourages flexible working. The firm promotes development and progression for all staff.
The Audit Senior involves working within the accounts and audit team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of audit, accounting and taxation services. You will report to the managers and some partners. The responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for working towards agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Helping to develop junior staff and supervising them on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner level.
- Carry out audit /accounts and related assignments.
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP's
- The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified (qualified by experience or ACA/ACCA finalists with relevant experience will be considered)
- They will have a solid knowledge of accounts and audit
- Experience of working in a team within a practice environment.
- The ideal candidate will also possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Ideally will have proven client handling ability
- Have the ambition to progress your career in an autonomous and progressive environment.
- Generous salary alongside study package (if required)
- Flexible working - work life balance
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Rapid progression available
- Progressive team - proven track record of commitment to employee well being