Homebased - Flexible, United Kingdom
Grade B - £37,694 (National Framework) or £42,712 (London Framework – if you are homebased and live within the boundary of the M25)
Contracted Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Flexible – Home Based/UK
Closing date: Sunday 3rd October 2021 at 11.59pm
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
We are looking for individuals who are caring, demonstrate integrity, work well as part of a team and always strive for excellence in everything they do. Help us make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve.
Let us tell you a little bit about the role....
This role is responsible for the production of the financial accounts, statutory accounts and the preparation of financial account information and schedules, including tax compliance.
You’ll play a lead role in liaising with external audit as well as the Department of Health and Social Care in agreeing quarterly consolidation schedules and General Investment Account draw down, and in ensuring CQC is financially compliant and adheres to best practice.
You will also be responsible for producing accurate cash flow analysis for the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and maintaining an accurate fixed asset register – liaising with asset owners and senior managers in the process.
What we're looking for from you...
A qualified Accountant, you’ll have extensive experience of both Statutory Accounts and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and knowledge of tax guidance and legislation.
You’ll be confident liaising with internal and external stakeholders, have an ability to work autonomously, and lead effectively to achieve the CQC Finance strategy.
What we can offer you...
Your health and wellbeing are important to us and are supported through generous annual leave, a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym vouchers and access to a free employee assistance service 24 hours a day. We also understand the importance of financial health and offer membership of the NHS pension scheme, contributing about 14% of basic salary. You will also be able to access discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics, and fleet cars.
- Support the Technical Accounting Lead in providing a robust and effective financial accounting service.
- Support Technical Accounting Lead in ensuring that forecasting is timely, relevant and accurate by challenging and verifying the reports prepared by the Financial Analysts
- Support and encourage the dissemination of financial procedures and recommended best practice across CQC
- Ensure sound and consistent application of financial controls and integrity of the accounting system, through reconciliation of key control accounts.
- Prepare the Statutory Accounts and quarterly Consolidation, and any associated, returns to DHSC reporting CQC’s financial performance and position.
- Co-ordinates the Agreement of Balances process.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the Balance Sheet position and cash flow analysis.
- Ensure that internal and external financial reporting requirements are met in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Leads in the preparation of supporting information for Internal and External Audits and associated reviews.
- Ensures compliance with CQC’s internal governance and financial regulations, statutory and other financial regulations and reporting requirements including compliance with tax legislation, guidance and best practice.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Accounting Standards and tax compliance and ensures that these are correctly applied in CQC.
- Provide relevant advice to CQC management on accounting standards, financial accounting guidance, and tax compliance.
- Provide documentation and necessary training for colleagues in relation to new accounting standards, tax compliance and statutory reporting requirements.
- Manages performance and development for direct reports, sets clear objectives, conducts regular 121’s, ensuring training plans are in place and recognises achievements
- Work closely with the Finance Performance & Delivery Lead to ensure that finance systems are well maintained enable robust and effective reporting. Maintain financial records effectively and ensures that security and information governance is assured at all times.
- Assess financial viability statements for new applications as requested by registration inspectors. · Undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives and duties of the post.
- Have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to actively promote diversity and equality of opportunity, treat everyone with dignity and respect and avoid discrimination.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership behaviours to engender CQC’s values and facilitate an engaged and effective working environment
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant.
- Extensive experience of Statutory Accounts.
- Extensive IFRS experience.
- Has experience of systems designs to ensure operations are fit for purpose.
CQC is committed to promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where all our people can flourish and reach their full potential. We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of: age, gender, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
Excellence – Meeting our challenge to be a high-performing organisation
Caring – Treating everyone with dignity and respect
Integrity – Demonstrating our passion for ‘doing the right thing’
Teamwork – Enabling us to be the best we can
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.