Senior Analyst, Inter Company Reconciliation
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
- Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
- Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
- Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
- If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Provide and execute below responsibilities:
- 60% ‐ Responsible for projects, transition, process improvement for own cluster/ portfolio.
- 40% ‐ Daily business (operation) for assigned cluster/ portfolio.
- Key person to roll out internal, regional and global projects including transition in compliance with Project Management procedures in liaison and guidance by Experts.
- Flexible in focus depending on project timeline, absence of Team Specialist and others that will impact the expected deliverable.
- Act as reviewer & approver for daily and month‐end tasks upon delegation by Team Specialist.
- Ensure team’s operational processes and procedures in full compliance with BASF requirements, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure service delivery meet targets defined in service level agreement and KPIs for process efficiency, effectiveness and quality control.
- Support Team Specialist in day‐to‐day service delivery.
Planning and Controlling
- Support to manage costs within budgeted expenditures and guidelines.
- Support in steering Global processes implementation in Asia Pacific Region in line with the Global Finance.
- Transformation (GFT) and Global Shared Service Organization (GSSO) strategy.
- Support Asia Pacific’s business requirement / variation from Global / Regional process, preparation of business case and escalate when necessary.
- Develop working relationships with the local companies and project owners to ensure that project solutions are adopted, implemented, and maintained appropriately.
- Assist to communicate project deliverables to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed on progress and issues/resolutions.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunities in quality and efficiency to support smooth implementation.
- Support team members through proper knowledge transfer by sharing of resources and best practices to ensure quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Assist and support standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end to end business process areas, system and tools for optimization of resource planning.
- Participate in any audits activities and respond to audit queries.
- Interact with various teams e.g. GFT, FS, PQC, Regional teams and other project owners in the BASF group.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or BSSCKL
- Regional Treasury Centre, GFT, local company, business units and the other shared service centres.
- Senior Managers, Managers, Analysts and peers across functions and within the organization.
- Work closely with various stakeholders i.e. external auditors or consultants.
Degree of Supervision requirement
- Ability in working independently with high responsibility and self‐motivation.
- At least University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- Preferably a member or eligible for admission to Malaysian Institute of Accountants or other Professional bodies (CIMA, ACCA, CFA).
- 3‐4 years’ experience in Finance and Accounting.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of Finance and Accounting preferably in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Accounting & Reporting.
- Advanced knowledge in standard Microsoft Office software (word, excel, power point).
- Proficiency in English required with good communication in verbal, writing and interpersonal skills with high customer focus. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP system is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- External experience in shared service or multinational company preferable.
- Knowledge in VBA, visualization, programming or scripting are an added advantage but not mandatory.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a MNC or Malaysian Public listed company.
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia