Lead Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Senior Specialist – FMA- Business and Operational Support will supervise the team involved in providing business, financial, analysis and reporting support for LOB CFO and their teams. S/he will be accountable for ensuring good governance model to deliver complex analytics and reporting support for the line of business with complete oversight and fail over support.
S/he will lead the effort to ensure all operations related process documents are created/updated on a regular basis. S/he must be an expert in the field and provide functional insight to various complex and operational issues.
S/he may be called upon to contribute to or perform analysis of complex financial transactions, budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, general ledger accounts, operating performance, profitability, and industry/competitor outcomes and trends and special project assignments.
S/he will also ensure that the process documentation were developed and delivered for all processes handled by the team. S/he will help and guide team members. S/he will report to the respective business CFOs and to the Functional Process Owner locally.
- Manage and motivate team to perform the tasks within agreed timelines
- Ensure error free delivery of tasks and create fail over support for all tasks
- Drive Efficiencies – Standardize and Automate processes
- Coordinate and collaborate with the LOB CFO teams and provide high quality information for decision making
- Assessment of tasks and realignment of tasks based on complexity of task and skill set of staffs
- Monitor various operational activities in the team are in control and meet the SLAs
- Lead the effort to ensure all standard operating procedures are created/updated/maintained on regular basis as per the audit requirements
- Developing innovative reporting capabilities to support end-to-end processes within Finance.
- Develop and implements process improvements to team efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring consistently high service delivery standards
Master’s degree in a financial discipline such as accounting, finance, statistics, or economics; or local country equivalent is required. MBA; or local country equivalent is preferred. Professional qualification like CA, CMA or equivalent certification issued by local area Licensing body would be an added advantage
Skills & Experience
- 10 or more years of experience in accounting or finance
- 7 or more years of experience in Managing the team handling budgeting, planning, forecasting, cost allocations, financial analysis and modeling, business intelligence
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and deliverables with demonstrated organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Superb communication skills - Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter – Should drive change on their own with minimal direction needed
- Analytical – Ability to easily dive into very arcane details on allocations and bring it up to the appropriate level of audience they are communicating with
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Confident and calm demeanor with ability to perform under pressure and handle difficult situations
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Familiarity with reporting tools like Planning Analytics and Power BI would be helpful.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.