About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Northern Trust has an established Global Compliance Ireland team, with partners based in both Dublin and Limerick offices. Clear goals, open communication, promoting collaborative working, empowering team members and an enjoyable working environment are features of how we try to operate as a team.
The team uses a structured and risk based Compliance Programme, to provide assurance to Senior Management of the Ireland Fund Administration and Depositary businesses on compliance with their regulatory obligations.
Two key elements of the Compliance Programme are the Compliance Risk Assessment and Compliance Monitoring programs. This role is in the second line of defence and will have primarily responsibility for supporting both of these activities, as well as other activities of the team.
This newly created role will report to the Compliance Consultant, Vice President, in Limerick and will work closely with all members of the Global Compliance Ireland team and Ireland Senior Management, as well as regional/global compliance team members.
Compliance or funds industry experience are not a pre-requisite for the role and applications are also welcome from highly motivated individuals with related skills, such as operations, process improvement, risk management and control. The option to progress formal compliance qualifications is available through the Northern Trust Educational Assistance Programme. This role will suit someone who wishes to develop their skills within a progressive compliance team.The key responsibilities of the role include:
Compliance Risk Assessment
- Apply and maintain a Legal Entity specific Compliance Risk Assessment framework in line with NT policies/ standards and regulator expectations.
- Work with regional and global compliance colleagues in other geographical locations to enable the development of global standards, knowledge transfer and best practice.
- Coordinate appropriate reporting at various governance committees, including the firms’ Board and Risk Committee.
- Ensure the rules inventory underpinning the Compliance Risk Assessment are maintained and updated as required.
- Assist the Compliance system program administrators with issues management, training and user management of the Compliance system.
- Undertake assigned monitoring reviews in line with the Compliance Assurance Programme.
- Monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, controls and procedures put in place by business units to address NT’s compliance with its regulatory obligations.
- Produce timely, accurate, concise and high-quality reports.
- Participate directly in projects ensuring Irish business and regulatory needs are being met and deputise for/represent the Compliance Consultant, Vice President at various forums where required.
Develop a strong understanding of the fund administration and depositary entities operations, products/services, systems and associated risks/controls.
Analyse new regulations/statutes/ Irish Fund guidance and advising the relevant business unit and Senior Management.
Take responsibility to complete/perform other tasks contained within the overall Compliance Programme, as required.
Act as a central coordination point for internal reviews, such as compliance testing and internal audit.
- Compliance monitoring, Audit, Risk or Control experience and/or experience of providing advisory support to business areas would be an advantage.
- Related skills also very beneficial such as: operations, process improvement, risk management and control with a desire to formally progress a compliance career.
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter and team player.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to convey complex concepts or large amounts of data, in a clear and concise manner to diverse and senior audiences (verbal and written).
- Proven and strong learning agility with a keen desire to support the learning of others.
- Can operate within strict reporting deadlines whilst balancing multiple, competing priorities.
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Sound judgement and ability to know when to escalate.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Well being
- Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.