Audit and Assurance Manager
By joining our Audit department, you will work closely with our audit partners and you will have a real opportunity to provide a valued opinion within the team. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- identifying client needs and new business opportunities within client organisations;
- project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients
- supervise and train junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process;
- prepare and present business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio;
- working capital management – manage work in progress and billings;
- client fee negotiation;
- take full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team;
- cross-business unit liaison with other teams such as tax, company secretarial and advisory etc.
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- minimum 4+ years’ experience
- strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential);
- electronic auditing experience;
- ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- ability to make professional judgements based on findings;
- portfolio management experience;
- strong attention to detail and analytical assessment;
- experience working as part of a team supporting others; be commercially aware;
- experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous;
- any candidates currently working in Industry, with the necessary experience, and who would like to return to practice will be considered for this role.