Analyst - Trading Settlements
The purpose of this position is to be a key team player in supporting the daily operations as well as Trading Settlements team members. An Analyst is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and process compliance as well as maintaining a high quality control framework, identifying and improving shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures
Shell Trading provides a comprehensive portfolio of products and services associated with crude oil and refined products, natural gas, electrical power, emissions, chemicals trading including shipping services. Currently the Trading Settlements activities are broadly divided into two areas, North America (NA) and WONA (World outside NA).
- To ensure daily activities are processed as per service standards.
- To participate in period end activities and ensure they are carried out accurately and completed.
- To handle the account reconciliation process
- To follow documented Work Instructions and agreed Ways of Working / Control Framework with no deviations with regular guidance from senior colleagues or line manager
- To ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained properly as per requirements (Timeliness & Accuracy).
- To demonstrate the ownership and accountability for the end to end process. To gather business knowledge proactively, to demonstrate e2e process overview and system proficiency.
- To demonstrate excellent team player behavior supporting the organization as a whole.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To have strong accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Account Payables & Receivables processes.
- To present good working knowledge of Excel and MS Outlook.
- To have Professional or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or other equivalent related business degree.
- To demonstrate fluency in English on B2/C1 level.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.