Lead Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Lead Manager FM&A – The Lead Manager is accountable to deliver complex analytics and reporting support for our central finance group (Central Management Accounting - CMA). S/he plays an integral role providing support for the development of period end consolidation, commentary, variance analyses, and reporting; supporting key performance indicator (KPI) metrics tracking and scorecard reporting, providing capital planning, budget management support, Hierarchy Management and forecasting.
The Lead Manager will collaborate with senior members of the CMA team and the business line CFOs to work on ad-hoc requests and present financial information.
S/he may be called upon to contribute to or perform analysis of complex financial transactions, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, general ledger accounts, operating performance, profitability, and industry/competitor outcomes and trends.
In addition to ad hoc requests and special project assignments, the Analyst might be called on to perform moderately complex analyses of:
- financial performance, e.g., actual revenues and expenses vs. forecasted/planned revenues and expenses
- competitive performance, e.g., key performance indicators for BNYM as compared to its competition
- comparative analytics, period to period
- variances in connection with the close
S/he will also develop and deliver approved process documentation and training content to the knowledge management warehouse for publication.
S/he will be an individual contributor who can also help and guide other team members. S/he will report to the respective business manager locally.
- Support and deliver Financial Planning, Reporting, Analysis and Executive Management reporting (EMR)
- Enhance currency reporting; convert existing manual reports into systemic reports utilizing in-house reporting tools
- Provide high quality information for decision making by conducting expense / revenue analysis
- Provide quality decision support through variance, competitor analysis, forecast and budget support etc.
Bachelor Degree in a financial discipline such as accounting, finance, statistics, or economics; or local country equivalent is required. MBA; or local country equivalent is preferred. Professional qualification like CA, CMA or equivalent certification issued by local area Licensing body would be an added advantage.
Skills & Experience
- 10 or more years of experience in accounting or finance
- 7 or more years of experience in Managing the team handling budgeting, planning, forecasting, cost allocations, financial analysis and modeling, business intelligence
- Superb communication skills - Strong written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter – Should drive change on their own with minimal direction needed
- Analytical – Ability to easily dive into very arcane details on allocations and bring it up to the appropriate level of audience they are communicating with
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Confident and calm demeanor with ability to perform under pressure and handle difficult situations
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficiency with reporting tools like IBM TM1 (MAQ), Cognos, Power BI
- Proficiency with SAP, PeopleSoft or other relative ERP/ accounting tools
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.