Head of Fund Accounting
The Head of Fund Accounting – Ireland is a key part of the Ireland management team. Leading by example and living up to our corporate values. He/she will lead the operational transformation of our Fund Accounting business line across all alternative asset classes. They will assist in driving the Irish Funds business and sourcing new business opportunities in conjunction with the UK&I sales team and local management.
This role holds the PCF-34 designation as per the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) requirements.
- Actively lead and execute the process and application improvements required for client service delivery and support an on-going program of continuous improvement, identifying and escalating opportunities and implementing changes.
- Providing support for the conversion of new clients, including providing training to clients on technology and processes
- Lead new client onboarding together with the Head of Transfer Agency.
- Manage and develop team members in front and middle office.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and problem resolution.
- Act as a point of escalation for client issues.
- Able to meet with prospective clients and be able to effectively communicate and articulate our Fund Services offering
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and external stakeholders auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, investments managers and other transaction parties including meeting and liaising with these parties on a frequent basis
- Proactively develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships within the Company and on occasions across the Client Service teams in other jurisdictions, promoting a culture of support, collaboration and a joined up approach to servicing clients
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, service standards, company policies and procedures, agreed operational, and control processes.
- Ultimately responsible for client delivery and therefore perform periodic reviews of clients working papers and ensure that there is a proper quality assurance process in place.
- Establishing tangible KPIs for the team and ensure that goals are set at the beginning of each year and are actively monitored and reviewed.
- Follow market and regulatory developments in Fund Services space and determine impact, opportunities and necessary actions for IQ EQ.
- Collaborate with the MD Ireland on medium to longer term plans for Fund & Institutional segment growth and evolution.
- Responsible for attending industry seminars and events on a frequent basis and as required
- Review financial information and create/reforecast operational budgets to promote profitability.
- Degree in finance or related subject
- 15+ years of investment industry experience directly working in fund operations/administration
- Significant product knowledge of alternative and traditional funds
- Previously approved in a PCF approved role by the CBI or by a similarly regulated entity will be a distinct advantage
- An ability to understand and assess area of risk within an organization and a track record of implementing new processes to manage risk
- Practical experience of process reviews and re-engineering
- Microsoft Office skills with focus on Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial instruments types, fund structures and performance fees
- At least 10 years’ experience of working in a Leadership role.
- A dynamic leader with a track record of developing and training staff
- Fluent in English
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.