Assistant Finance Manager / Finance Manager (Controlling)
We are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager/ Finance Manager to support Head of Finance on all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. AFM / FM responsibilities will also include financial risk management.We are expanding very fast and on the road to becoming the number 1 choice for SME in Malaysia. Hence, our department also growing and looking for the talents like YOU to join this awesome movement!
- Review accounting entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to ensure accuracy and compliance with the company's and established accounting principles, controls all changes to chart of accounts.
- Work side by side with Head of Accounting for monthly and year-end closing focusing on reporting and analysis of the PNL
- Ensure monthly consolidated Group reports are prepared appropriately and in timely manner
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for the Group and assist Controlling Manager to analyse and interpret the monthly results.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare the templates and coordinates the yearly budgeting and forecasting activities together with HoF.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Business partner with various Business Unit heads and working towards achieving planned KPIs.
- Lead, supervise and develop high level of competence to deliver tasks and assignments to the standards required
- Maintain other accounts and performs other accounting duties, as required or requested by the HoF.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent. Accredited accounting profession member OR in the process of obtaining.
- At least 5 years of prior working experience in overall combined Accounting & Finance experience
- Prior experience in accredited audit firms would be a plus
- Possess *Advance Excel skill* is a MUST for this position.
- Solid experience with fundamentals of Group reporting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge in Accounting software ie. XERO and equivalent
- Need to be flexible, IT savvy, and adapt quickly to new environment / situation
- Able to communicate in English, Mandarin and Malay to deal with China Director