Accounts Receivable Team Lead (perm)
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function.
With over 350 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the broader Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music and Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
Order to Cash is a team that supports Apple’s revenue generation and related cash collection across its varied lines of business – IS&S, Retail, Online Store & B2B. We are a team of 70 people within GBS that supports these functions for the business. The EMEIA Order to Cash team has counterparts in three other GBS locations Austin, Singapore & Shanghai.
You'll be responsible for managing a team of Collections Analysts, ensuring all customer payments due are received on time and matched accurately on receipt, resolving customer financial queries, and taking action where payment is not received. The AR team measures and reports its success on a weekly basis by reference to a tight overdue target. This will involve close interaction with the European Credit Team, Order Management and Logistics.
This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to further develop with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
Key QualificationsExcellent communication, organizational & interpersonal skillsAbility to build positive relationships with key business partners and work cross functionallyBe a self-starter who is motivated, innovative, flexible and results-oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.Demonstrate advanced technical and analytical skills.Proven track record of identifying and driving operational improvement and automation to solve tough problemsSAP or equivalent ERP system experience required
- Lead and develop a team of Collections Analysts. Ensure high standards and practices across all areas.
- Establish goals and objectives for the team and set each team member up for success in their role by providing mentoring and support
- Proactive Customer Management to prevent accounts from becoming overdue and calling out where appropriate
- Ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive reconciliation of customer accounts together with related reporting
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLAs), issues and partner concerns
- A key part of this role is reviewing current processes, seeking out opportunities for efficiencies and driving continual improvement through effective business partnering
- Excellent customer services to both external & internal customers
- Lead and implement complex projects with substantial impact to the organisation, paying particular attention to the requirements for scalability and control
- Ensure company finance policies, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, banking, tax and legal requirements are followed. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, controls and systems to ensure company policies are implemented, transactions are accurately accounted for, and reports are generated/analysed on a timely basis
Education & Experience
- Fluency in a European Language an advantage
- Experience in building and leading high-performing teams and successfully developing people
- 3-5 years AR experience
- Qualified Accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.