Senior Financial Controller, Corporate Banking Financial Control
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Commercial Partner and Finance Services, takes lead responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
This role is specifically in relation to Corporate Banking. The Corporate Banking Financial Control team is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Corporate Banking Division's financial position and performance. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal stakeholders.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Financial Controller role entails leading a team of financial controllers to ensure that financial information is delivered on a timely basis and to high standards of accuracy. It involves working closely with the Finance Commercial Partner team to provide commercially insightful analysis of financial performance for senior stakeholders within the Group.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of high quality financial and management reporting for business units and Group.
- Lead the business unit financial control teams through the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that underlying processes review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Support the divisional financial controller on key strategic business projects
- Provide meaningful commercial commentaries/reports analysing business unit performance and present to senior stakeholders within the Division and Group.
- Support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals through the delivery of timely & accurate financial and management information
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across Finance and the business to understand business needs and deliver commercially-focused financial and analytical support as required.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies and improvements.
- Responsibility for the delivery of subsidiary statutory financial statements/regulatory returns and facilitation of the audit process.
What is the opportunity
The Corporate FC team is responsible for successful delivery of the monthly GL close, financial control and reporting for the Corporate business. Therefore the role will give an individual a variety of experience working as a senior financial controller in a vibrant and growing environment.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years post qualification experience.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong commercial capability & financial foresight;
- Strong business acumen with a questioning, open incisive intellect;
- A self-starter with the ability to plan, co-ordinate and deliver results in a reliable manner with minimum fuss;
- Strong networking skills, with the capability to establish and build excellent working relationships and the flexibility to operate effectively up and down in a matrix environment;
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills with strong interpersonal impact and personal credibility;
- Must possess the ability to influence and promote collaboration to deliver business objectives with a proven history of leading successful teams;
- Excellent communication skills - with the ability to clearly deliver compelling, well-structured arguments, to articulate ideas, concepts and complex financial information;
- Ability to think and act from a BOI Group perspective as well as in direct support of the Business Unit;
- High energy, bias for action, drive for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence.
- Manage Risk - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Amplify Capability - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Sep 24, 2021.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.