Transfer Pricing Tax Director
- Work in the Tax department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Develop a deep understanding of the Firm, its Transfer Pricing policies and their application to the business, to support business queries and ensure ongoing changes are reflected appropriately in the TP documentation.
- Project manage the Global TP Tax team deliverables and projects, including in respect of TP Documentation, Country by Country Reporting (CbCR) and Tax authority requests
- Prepare the draft Global TP documentation (including Global modules, reports and Masterfile) in line with US and OECD requirements
- Co-ordinate local documentation prepared by 3rd parties
- Manage quarterly and year-end TP reserve analysis
- Supervise and review the production of bench marking studies by advisors
- Work with external advisors, external auditors, and Morgan Stanley’s global tax team on TP matters
- Prepare responses to information requests from tax authorities in relation to tax audits
- Work with the Global Financial Controllers team to ensure the proper execution and documentation of TP models
- Coverage agent for existing TP Models, including advisory support for execution of the models
- Work with the tax COO team and external advisors to manage the annual budget process for TP
- Develop and mentor junior team members, helping them achieve their full potential
- Build and refine own transfer pricing technical knowledge
The Tax Transfer Pricing (TP) Group operates as a truly global team. In recent years, the TP group has experienced a significant upswing in workload in light of the increased demands from the evolving tax, regulatory and commercial environment. The team is seeking an accountant, tax lawyer or economist with extensive in-house TP experience in a major bank, law firm or public accounting firm, preferably in the financial services sector, to join the Group as a Director. The position requires a technical TP expert with the ability to provide TP advice on a wide range of TP matters from policy setting through execution, documentation, and audit support. Whilst based in Glasgow, this role has responsibilities globally which presents a unique opportunity to build networks across Tax, Finance and the wider organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to join this expanding Tax Team.
- Qualified accountant, CTA or equivalent qualification or relevant experience
- Background in an accounting or law firm, bank, or in-house tax department
- Strong technical skills, a detailed knowledge of the OECD transfer pricing guidelines, the BEPS action plan and an appreciation of local country transfer pricing rules
- Experience of leading and motivating a team to deliver high quality output to an agreed schedule, with confidence to question and challenge precedents and existing working practices
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently
- Ability to present transfer pricing items to Tax senior management
- Applicants should have a record of managing a portfolio of deliverables and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability and desire to improve and create processes to increase efficiencies and completeness in the TP Compliance cycle
- A high level of personal commitment, self-motivation, and an innovative, flexible, and team player attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our LinkedIn page and Youtube channel.
Build a career with impact.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.