Core Operations, Associate 2
What We Do:
Automated Clearing House (ACH) Services processors / operators are responsible for performing daily processing to ensure ACH transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner. These responsibilities include ACH origination and processing, including, but not limited to, ACH Block, ACH Filter and ACH Positive Pay set up, ACH Origination profile set up, facilitate ACH Annual Review documentation, ACH dispute processing, research request, adjustments, returns, reversals, notification of change (NOC), alerts, renewals, and other duties as assigned.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- ACH Origination: Performs functions related to ACH Origination files from various systems, including but not limited to; receiving daily files, processing notifications of changes and returns.
- ACH Receive: Performs all functions related to receipt of ACH transactions, included but not limited to; receiving and uploading files, processing notification of changes and returns. Assist employees and customer with ACH questions and research. Assist branch personnel and customers with proper forms for return of unauthorized or stopped ACH transactions
- Support balancing and verification of daily ACH transactions, and logs.
- Understanding of ACH processing rules for ODFI’s and RDFI’s including return timeframes, notification of change, error resolution and reclamations.
- Research ACH transaction issues and find resolutions
- Understanding of Regulatory requirements related to ACH (including OFAC)
- Works with ACH processors to review and escalate suspect OFAC transactions to BSA department.
- Participates in annual Business Continuity Testing for the department which includes assisting with follow-up documentation of testing results
- Work with third party vendors to resolve software issues
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Obeys all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook, Internet)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP)
- Previous Bank Operations experience (preferably in the Electronic Banking area)
- 1-2 years ACH /Wire Processing experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.