Head of Finance Data Operations
Get to know our Team:
Have you ever wanted to be part of the entire financial life cycle of Grab rides, food orders and all Grab transactions?
As Head of Finance Data Operations, you’ll have the chance to lead the team that coordinates most financial aspects of Grab, from business model definition, reporting requirements, accounting processes, product specs reviews, process operationalization to reconciliation itself.
This includes running day-to-day finance data operations, monitoring financial reporting, defining and sponsoring new features and projects within our Finance Tech Family as well as with all other Grab Tech Families (Food, Transport, Lending, GrabPay, etc.)
As leader of the Finance Data Operations team you’ll be in charge of all finance data collections, reconciliations, reporting, as well as roadmap planning to set Grab for success with a forever increasing number of new use cases being launched.
- You will be leading the team that defines all financial reporting and reconciliation processes across all verticals and entities of Grab, coordinating with Data analysts, accountants and each product owner. This includes centralizing all financially relevant data across all microservices in one central repository to ensure a fully centralisation of Grab’s financial data.
- You’ll be in charge of leading the Cortex tech family as business owner (Finance Data Warehouse) to build the strongest interconnected infrastructure of products at Grab while monitoring day to day operations to ensure smooth and reliable reporting operations across our different countries, businesses and entities. This team is composed of product managers, engineers, data analysts as well as the financial business owners.
- You’ll be responsible to make sure that Grab can scale in finance related topics rapidly and efficiently for each new business use cases on its platform to build toward a logical, financially compliant and efficient eco-system (Transport, Food, Mart, lending, GrabPay, GrabWheels etc)
- You’ll act as the final decision maker to define a finance data strategy while aligning with all members of Finance, Operations and Product.
- You’ll be leading the team building and running all cross-system reconciliations across Merchants, Drivers, Consumers and third-party companies coming from various services.
- As Finance Data Operations Head, you will be the link between our Product, Business, leadership, Operations, and Finance teams and act as enabler across all Grab financial questions.
In more details this would mean also
- End-to-end ownership of the timely delivery of the financial components of new products or features launches.
- Centralize, align and sign off all business requirements across Finance, Data engineering, Product and Engineering.
- Challenge the status quo to Improve existing systems and setups by studying best practices; doing in detail gap analysis with the team and designing the roadmap
- Understand, define and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes in Business logic, launch or product.
- Influence other functional areas of the business to achieve finance’s business objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management/ Administration, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science or equivalent educational or professional experience.
- At least 10 years' experience in complex project management, consulting, tech-firm operations, or product management
- Solid experience with data analysis, data reporting and data presentation to suit the needs of business and use cases.
- Excellent proven management and leadership skills, to drive an extremely qualified and specialised team, with the ability to guide each member in defining highly innovative best practices.
- Strong accounting knowledge and basics.
- Strong SQL abilities.
- Proven track record in establishing a working relationship with all levels of management & financial executives to unlock the execution of Finance roadmap.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with eyes for details.
- Strong exposure to system designs and architecture to solve financial challenges
- Knowledge in accounting or working experience in finance department in a Tech company.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Past exposure to ERP implementation, architecture decision-making and financial reporting
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.