Finance Regulatory Project Manager / Business Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans, and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
This resource specification is for an experienced project manager with strong business analyst skills to work in the Global Corporate Controllers & Planning Organization (GCCP), which is responsible for the end to end delivery of financial and regulatory programs.
The candidate would act as the point person between Finance and Technology teams during all phases of the program management life cycle:
- Initiation phase
- Requirement & analysis phase
- Design and build phase
- Testing phase
- Implementation phase
The candidate would be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks
- Documentation of the current state processes, business requirements including the target state processes
- Performing detailed data analysis
- Planning and executing the testing phase with all stakeholders (testing approach, test plan, cases, testing metrics)
- Facilitating the transition to Business As Usual (BAU) processes to Finance Controllers
- Meeting preparation with the stakeholders raising appropriate status, risks, and issues
The candidate needs to be able to work with geographically dispersed groups across IT and Finance in a very dynamic, rapidly evolving, high pressure, high visibility project setting.Qualifications
- Relevant experiences as Business Analyst working on projects for the Finance department of an investment bank / financial services company.
- Finance/Accounting/Regulatory Experience - A good understanding of the finance functions and processes of a financial service organization, examples: General Ledger accounting/finance processes, US GAAP/IFRS accounting principles, and regulatory reporting. Federal Reserve reporting experience is a plus.
- Experiences across a range of financial products (Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives, Loans)
- Experiences across internal management vs external reporting
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills are required to perform detailed data quality analysis, root cause issue analysis, and data reconciliations.
- Optimization and streamlining of existing processes and continuously seeking to improve and enhance Finance client’s current state.
- Owning the quality and timeliness of delivery and not being afraid to challenge status quo.
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent people management/ co-ordination/ organization skills and soft skills with experience working across groups.
- Appreciation of agile methodologies and comfortable with iterative incremental code releases
- MS Office skills
- Knowledge of Business Process Mapping tools like Visio
- Experience to General Ledger query/ reporting tools (SAP ECC, SAP BPC)
- Exposure to Regulatory Reporting Tools like AxiomSL is a plus.
- Experience with Testing & Quality Management systems is a plus (ALM, RALLY, JIRA)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.