Team Leader, Financial Planning and Analysis
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What you will doThe Team Leader has day-to-day management responsibilities for a small financial analysis team or sub team while managing own work load/projects; conducts performance management and career development processes and staffing and disciplinary actions; and oversees and participates in the monthly/quarterly reporting and forecast process, annual planning process, and various ad hoc requests.
- Oversees the annual Planning process coordinating with business units to establish a Plan for the total corporation
- Manages and perform monthly/quarterly/annual process as part of the company-wide reporting cycle, which involves but not limited to annual planning, forecasting, monthly P&L variance analysis, and production and preparation of various reports and presentations to management relative to prior year, prior month, and/or Plan focusing on key business factors driving financial performance
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- Technically well-versed in multiple functional areas/scope of the team. Expected to provide training to new hires and conduct regular coaching to junior team members
- Initiate and perform deep dive and root cause analysis of issues raised, and identify potential core issues in managing deliverables of the team
- Initiate process improvements as necessary. Work with the team, various partners and stakeholders on cross-functional processes or projects, providing analytical and procedural expertise
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Actively participate in special projects and ad-hoc requests
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements, US GAAP, and IFRS
- Experience interacting with regional and global executives
- Experience with reporting to and working with teams located outside of Asia Pacific Region, specifically in North America
- Prior experience leading a team, formally or informally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required to evaluate financial results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present relevant information to management
- Strong personal computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required to perform analyses and communicate financial information to various constituents.
- System knowledge of PeopleSoft, HFM, TM1/Cognos, and other similar systems used in financial reporting
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Knowledge in accounting, reporting and financial analysis usually acquired through a 4-year degree program or related work experience.
- At a minimum, 6-8 years of related experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, project analysis, and other relevant functional area. Functional areas may cover Accounting, Financial, Management & Statutory Reporting and other Accounting and Finance-related areas.
- With at least 2-4 years of people management experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.