Singapore and South East Asia Tax Specialist #181476
Your field of responsibility
Your primary areas of responsibilities will include:
Goods and Services Taxes (“GST”) and other Indirect Taxes
- Coordinating with the Singapore GST return preparation process, which includes the review of GST calculations prepared by our offshore Tax team and submission of the GST returns for entities covered.
- Assist in managing the GST Assisted Compliance Assurance Process (ACAP) including collaborating closely with tax advisors, internal partners and processing teams
- Participating in the continuous improvement process in relation to GST compliance and other indirect tax related processes.
- Addressing routine GST queries
- Management of enquiries from the local tax authorities into the GST and indirect tax affairs of entities in Singapore and SEA, including coordination with Finance and external advisors
- Provide oversight in relation to other indirect tax obligations (e.g. withholding taxes, stamp duties, etc.) of Credit Suisse in Singapore and SEA, in order to ensure indirect tax obligations are materially satisfied.
- Representing CS to various representative bodies, tax authorities and regulators, and lobbying to effect favourable law changes.
Governance and controls
Implementation of the CS Tax Risk Control Framework as part of BAU GST and indirect tax activities including:
- Reporting of and managing of APAC Tax governance and control matters
- Reporting of tax matters to Tax Country Manager and APAC Head of Tax where necessary
- Operational Risk reporting
In addition, while your primary focus will be GST and indirect taxes, there may be instances where you will be required to assist on other areas covered by the broader Singapore tax team. These additional responsibilities may include the following:
Management of and assistance with Corporate Income Taxes & Tax Accounting
- Coordinating with the corporate tax compliance process in Singapore, which includes preparing returns as well as liaising with the offshore Tax team who contribute to the process.
- Management of corporate tax compliance processes in other SEA locations for which country management responsibilities are assigned, which includes review of annual corporate tax returns prepared by Finance teams and liaising with external corporate tax compliance providers to ensure the accuracy and completeness of tax returns to be submitted and corporate tax payments.
- Oversight of the monthly corporate tax accounting process for certain entities in Singapore and SEA, and liaising with Finance and within the tax department to ensure tax accounting processes are efficient and effective and have sufficient governance.Preparation of transfer pricing documentation as required with assistance from the transfer pricing team, and assisting the transfer pricing team to implement global transfer pricing strategies.
Corporate Tax Planning & Advisory
- Advising business-units across all business-lines located in Singapore and SEA on the tax consequences of their business strategies, as well as provision of tax advice in relation to corporate related initiatives.
- Coordinating with the New Business Department to advise on the tax consequences of new products, business-lines and entities, including advising the business on implementation of guidelines and/or processes to meet tax related requirements.
Your future colleagues
You will be part of the Singapore & South East Asia tax team within the broader APAC Regional Tax team focused primarily on indirect tax matters. This team undertakes tax country management for Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines. The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Experience in income-tax, GST compliance matters and front office tax support for Banking institutions with knowledge of South East Asia tax matters would be an advantage
- Experience of 8 to 15 years in similar roles in the Big 4 or industry
- Can manage workload and thrive under pressure
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook, be a team-player and work in partnership with internal business and corporate functions with outstanding problem solving skills
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working to deliver on time
- Outstanding integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.