Associate Accountant, Property Funds
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Relationship Management services to our clients. The team is regarded as the leading provider of Fund Administration services to the Irish Real Estate market.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Property Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex cross-border structures.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Develop an understanding of Fund Accounting requirements for Property Funds.
- Collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs.
- Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Organise payment of operating expenses.
- Liaise with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Effective communication with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensure that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensure that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- To understand the purpose of and gain the critical background knowledge of Funds assigned to the team.
- To keep abreast of current activities in the REIF’s market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Dealing with client queries.
- Liaising with other internal departments such as Trustee, Legal, Transfer Agency and Company Secretarial.
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via sales presentations, RFP responses etc.
Purchase and Sale of Property Investments
- Understand the structure of property transactions.
- Understand the process and approvals required.
- Co-ordination of approval process.
- Collation of documentation / record maintenance.
Skills / Experience
- Hold Professional Accounting Qualification or be on course towards gaining a qualification
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAPP and IFRS.
- Knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- A strong appreciation of accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Property Fund Administration.
- High level of communication skills, previous relationship management experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to assist with the management of the team.
- Demonstrates understanding of the need for high-touch client service.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.