Financial Reporting Manager - AVP
Who we are looking for
This managerial position is within the Asia Pacific Global Delivery (GD) Business unit located in Hangzhou servicing clients in Austrian cross Mutual fund, asset management business, ETF product to generate the NAV/UP and disseminate to clients.
Why this role is important to us
The Regulatory and Tax Services Senior Associate role within Global Services is responsible for preparing various Australian tax reporting packages in accordance with established procedures. The role involves interaction with various units locally and overseas. The Senior Associate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment. Accuracy, timeliness and delivery of client service are imperative in this position with an increased focus towards quality controls, documentation, and process improvements.
What you will be responsible for
As you will
- Lead the team to produce daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reports (e.g.taxable/distributable income calculations, income tax returns,monthly tax provisioning) with high quality.
- Ensure that allocated client reporting is completed and submitted for review on a timely basis
- Understand the client requirements and guide the team towards efficiently managing its deliverables
- Maintain records on the taxation systems and acting as senior system supporter
- Answer and handle complex issues and queries and escalate as needed; acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables
- Liaising with internal clients to obtain information where required
- Identify risk issues, breaches and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures
- Documentation – Be able to review and correct the process documentation such as process flows, Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and coach the team
- Understand the end to end process and be able to seek support to clear out inter process upstream / downstream dependencies, suggest process improvements and be able to seek support to drive projects to create efficiencies / enhance controls
- Coach and assist less experienced staff; Conduct performance planning and reviews; Identify training and development needs for direct staff members.
- Work closely with the Manager and senior management to drive solutions
- Challenge the norm and support a culture of creativity/productivity
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to identify and implement new opportunities while also troubleshooting issues and helping to drive understanding of the process
- Assist with the implementation/identification of the Re-Engineering, Standardization, Automation opportunities.
- Improve operating model results across existing functions. Advance to 100% dissemination ready/direct and oversight models for APAC
What we value
- Good understanding of managed investment funds, relevant tax laws, and applicability
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products
- Detailed oriented individual capable of performing in a high pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Internal Systems, MS office (excel, word)
- Data & Analysis - Posesses strong attention to detail. Demonstrate good analytical skills in resolving the team issues and facilitates decision making
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Post Graduates (CA/CPA/CFA qulified or studying towards) preferably or Bachelor degree with Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Tax reporting or financial services environment (Australia managed funds industry experience a bonus)
- Solid experience in tax, specifically in relation to managed investment fund structures
- Good leadership, negotiation, and analytical skills, proven track record of efficiency creation, staff development, and people management skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.