Financial Planning Analyst
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Group Planning team sits within Group Planning & Analysis. GP&A has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, and developing and presenting Group-focused financial insight and analysis. Group Planning ensure that the Group strategy is aligned to, and embedded in Group financials providing leadership with highly relevant insight into business performance.
Purpose of the Role
Financial Planning Analyst. The role holder will work on deliverables across the Planning team including Forecasts, ICAAP as well as supporting other ad-hoc deliverables such as support on Strategy asks and forward looking regulatory returns/queries. The role involves close working relationships with colleagues in Group Finance, Group Treasury, Capital Management and Risk.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of high quality Group financial and management reporting/insights
- Liaison with colleagues in Group Finance, Group Treasury, Capital Management and Risk to ensure effective collaboration, communication and insight brought to analysis.
- Continuous development of analysis and commercial insight to assist senior management understanding into the drivers of financial performance
- Assisting with deliverables including RoTE projections, forecasts, ICAAP
What is the opportunity?
This role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to deliver insight into the drivers of Group Profitability to senior management. You will also build relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group and drive/influence decision making by utilising financial forecasts/analysis.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- 3rd level education - with a strong academic ability
- Part or qualified Accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of SAP BPC planning system or other similar platform would be advantageous.
- Strong appetite/evidence of process improvement
- Knowledge of economics, accounting and banking sector
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Sep 24, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.