Audit & Accounts Manager
We are recruiting for a qualified Audit & Accounts Manager to work within our Haines Watts Worcester office and assist the partners in delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services to our corporate clients. The role carries a 90/10 bias towards audit. The successful candidate will take an active part in leading the management and delivery of audit services to the firms growing client base and will supervise, mentor and train junior team members.
Haines Watts is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. We support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives our clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Our fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin our values. To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to attracting talent based on these principles.
Based in the Worcester office this is a new role and would suit a qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience who is looking to take their first step into a client management role. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career within this growing office of a top 15 firm and will be expected to assist at networking events and with new business tenders.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical knowledge and have a systematic and detailed approach to solving problems. They will have strong written and verbal communication skills and will be able to communicate efficiently at all levels, both internally and externally. They will have the drive and dedication to achieve results in a friendly manner whilst maintaining excellent quality and high service standards to all clients.
The role is a key part of the Audit/Accounts team and will be responsible for the smooth running of any professional work associated with a portfolio of clients. You will be required to identify new service opportunities to sell to existing clients and to seek new business opportunities from potential clients to bring new business to the firm. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the line management and development of junior members of the team.
You will be a qualified Accountant (or equivalent) and have at least 3-5 years' experience of delivering audit services.
The key duties of this role include:-
- Controlling any work required on a range of audit and non-audit accounts jobs meeting all internal, client based and legislative deadlines on an annual basis.
- Ensuring that the firm's standard processes are used in the production of audit and accounts work in all aspects and for ensuring that technical standards are maintained with the ability to answer technical questions proficiently and confidently.
- Line management of the audit team.
- You will be expected to be able to write professional letters, reports and other written submissions for review by directors for use with clients and other relevant third parties.
- To professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals at all times.
- Regular attendance at Haines Watts led training and seminars to further develop and maintain any technical and personal development skills.
- You will be expected to supervise, develop and assist more junior members of personnel and give constructive feedback on their performance.
- You will be expected to contact clients in connection with non-technical issues such as the collection of debtors and be involved on an ongoing basis in administrative activities such as billing.
- You will be expected to seek opportunities to increase client billings and to seek new clients for the practice where possible.
- You will be expected to have and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the systems that you will be required to use to undertake your role.
- You will keep up-to-date with internal policies, procedures and announcements and ensure anyone reporting to you does the same.
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 3 years post qualification experience.
- Must have good working knowledge and experience of IFRS and FRS102
- Must have had experience of group consolidated accounts and experience of dealing with group packs from group auditors
- Is proactive, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Has a positive outlook on life - a "can do" attitude.
- Develops a culture of trust with the team and with clients.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement; encouraging others to have ideas.
- Adopts a calm and assured approach to your working practices and office life.
- Is comfortable interacting with team members, clients, potential clients and connectors on all levels with the ability to change your communication style to suit to occasion
- Is able to 'juggle' a number of jobs, demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
- Is aware of own development areas and works proactively to improve them.
- Works well in demanding situations.
- Shows a strong self-belief, demonstrates confidence in your own ability.
If you are keen to secure a progressive and varied Audit and Accounts Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm with future progression to partnership please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.