Assistant Manager - Credit Risk Infrastructure (Data Management)
Responsible for maintaining the quality and accuracy of data loaded into the Risk Data Mart (RDM) to support Credit Risk Infrastructure and Risk Analytics departments’ reporting, monitoring and analytics requirements.
Strategy and Planning
- Understand the business needs of different teams in Risk Management and propose solution enhancements that will benefit majority of the data users.
- Identify data, clarify definitions and establish the mapping rules of data being loaded to the RDM and ensuring this information is maintained in new and/or existing documentation
- Review new / enhancement product papers from Business Units and provide input on data requirements to facilitate Credit / Market Risk Weighted Asset (RWA), Single Counterparty Exposure Limit (SCEL) and Non-Retail Portfolio Analytics.
- Work together with relevant Risk reporting teams to ensure that data mapped into the RDM meets Basel IRB Advanced and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Support the planning for monthly BAU reporting cycle activities together with team members, IT and the relevant business users; and monitor for timely completion of planned activities.
- Support Risk teams on usage of data from RDM (e.g. RWA processing, Portfolio monitoring, scorecards monitoring, SCEL, models development, etc).
- Lead focus projects and ensuring the implementation is delivered with quality within the stipulated timeframe.
Business Performance and Management
- Provide guidance to junior team members on maintaining the overall integrity and quality of data loaded to Risk Data Mart (RDM) for downstream data users and enhancement of processes for operational efficiency.
- Degree in Computer Science / IT / MIS / Finance from a reputable university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data warehouse / data mart implementation and operations
- Minimum 1 years of experience in project management (added advantage if Risk related projects).
- Knowledge in SAS application (SAS-EG / SAS-Base)
- Understanding data warehouse / data mart implementation and operations
- Good knowledge in Data Management and Data Governance processes / controls
- Fundamental understanding of ETL concept and design
- Ability to write SQL queries for data profiling and issues investigation
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills (English)
- Knowledge in loan credit administration and operational process flow
- Knowledge in banking product features
- Excellent analytical skills