Associate / Consultant, Private Clients Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Ernst & Young’s Private Tax practice provides advice to domestic and internationally based clients and their family offices in relation to succession planning, family office matters, family governance, trusts and tax matters.
EY is elevating Private globally, and joining Private Tax gives you the opportunity to provide high quality cross-jurisdictional strategic advice in the areas of tax, wealth transition and family governance. We advise private client or tax advisory related to high net worth entrepreneurs, business families, family offices, family enterprises and family-controlled listed groups.
Your key responsibilities
As a Private Tax Associate / Consultant, you will work on broad range of advisory topics relating to family office or family governance, applying your existing skillsets and analytical skills to these areas effectively and efficiently. You will provide support for or act as point of entry for client servicing and related issues, supporting the Private Tax team in business development efforts and delivery on engagements. You will also collaborate closely with a cross-functional teams to provide holistic advice to family business clients and family office clients and their advisors. You will also provide advisory support or advice to our clients’ strategic initiatives and projects. You will also experience holistic professional journey, by being involved in tax compliance as well.
Skills and attributes for success
- Great communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with and manage internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive, self-motivated and adaptable individual, able to deliver high quality results efficiently under pressure and able to multi-task
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Eagerness to learn new skills and continually upgrade your professional capabilities
To qualify for the role you must have
- University degree in law, tax, finance or business from a good university
- At least 1 year (3 years for Consultant) of experience in professional legal services, tax advisory services, finance or other complementary areas
- An awareness and ability to serve and support the needs of wealthy individuals or business families
- Experience working in a reputable multi-national company or professional services firm
- An interest in solving complex legal and tax issues and providing bespoke advisory services to clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluency in speaking other Asian languages
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.