Senior Accounting Technician- Fixed Term
Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
We have three opportunities available across North Yorkshire Police and North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue for 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The job description attached is currently being updated.
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire established enableNY in April 2019, as the vehicle to transform police and fire collaboration in serving the public of North Yorkshire.
enableNY encompasses the provision of financial, people, estates, technology, business design and assurance services to support North Yorkshire Police (NYP), North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Services (NYFRS) and the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.
The Finance Department provides business support services for North Yorkshire Police, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Services and the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.
As Senior Accounting Technician you will provide support to the Accountants to prepare and deliver routine and non-routine management information. You will be responsible for contributing to the timely delivery of statutory statements of accounts. You will also undertake technical functions in the Finance department, including VAT, Treasury Management, Bank, Petty Cash, etc.
As Senior Accounting Technician you will be responsible for:
- To support, advise and coach managers in carrying out their financial and budget responsibilities.
- To contribute to the work of the development of the medium term financial plan.
- To assist in the preparation of budgets and monitoring financial expenditure monthly. To assist managers on budgetary control issues.
- To ensure compliance with monthly management accounts timetable, including the production of variance analysis. To proactively monitor and promote compliance with Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and Force Policies.
- To assist the Management Accountant and the Head of Finance as required.
- To contribute to the supervision of Accounting Technician roles as means of progressing their own development.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- AAT qualified (level 4) or equivalent professional qualification
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Word
- Analytical skills
- A proactive team worker
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Studying towards or willing to study towards a CCAB qualification is desirable but not essential.
Working for us - what we can offer you
A career within enableNY will bring great pride and job satisfaction, through the services and support you will provide to two of North Yorkshire’s emergency services. You will make a real difference to the safety of everyone who works, travels, visits and lives in York and North Yorkshire. This role provides a great opportunity for you to build your skills, experience and credibility working for a forward thinking organisation.
You’ll receive a competitive salary and be entitled to a Local Government pension scheme, leave entitlements and other employee benefits. Unison is the recognised Trade union within enableNY and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks. You’ll also benefit from discounts on shopping and eating out as part of the Blue Light Card scheme
Many roles within enableNY offer flexible working approaches, both with an agile approach to working location and being flexible in how you want to work your contracted hours, in order to support a healthy work life balance.
External Applicants- This is a fixed term contract. This means that your employment contract will end when the term finishes.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.