R2R GL Accountant - 18 month mixed term contract
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job... Just be prepared to dream big. Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
The successful candidate will join the Record to Report team, which consists of over 60 individuals responsible for a wide range of areas including Fixed Assets, Treasury Accounting, Intercompany Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Accounting and a team of regional lead accountants responsible for statutory and tax compliance along with legal entity oversight.
The role is primarily responsible for managing the accounting, US GAAP, local statutory & tax compliance functions for a number of legal entities in EMEIA. This position is tasked with managing and providing support to the regional statutory and tax accountants and will also work closely with the other GBS accounting organisations in APAC, China, and AMR. The successful candidate will also be responsible for regular project work.
This role will give great exposure to not only the Record to Report team but also the wider Apple organization. If you are a real team player, flexible, interested in interacting with a wide range of people locally and globally, great at building good working relationships and interested in working on projects than this position is an exciting opportunity for you.
Key Qualifications5 Years + post qualification experience.SAP Experience.Statutory financial statements and corporate income tax return compliance experience.Business acumen, strong business partnering skills and aware- ness of the big pictureIdentify issues and drive to resolution on a timely basis.Ability to build effective relationships.Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, project management, communication skills required.Multitasking; flexible.Working to tight deadlines.Self Starter.
- Overall financial accounting responsibility for a number of EMEIA entities.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly close process for entities under your control is executed flawlessly and that the month end close timetable is followed by accounting functions supporting the regional close.
- Responsibility for high quality financial statements, corporate income tax returns and other compliance filing for legal entities within the team.
- Liaison with external advisors and statutory auditors for statutory and tax compliance cycles.
- Internal co-ordination with the EMEIA Tax, Corporate Legal, Intercompany, Revenue and VAT Compliance teams, Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, Fixed Assets, Treasury Accounting & Hire to Retire.
- Liaise with other Accountants and Accounting Managers in R2R to ensure that consistent processes are applied across all regions and that there is consistent treatment of corporate finance policies.
- Maintain data integrity of SAP to ensure US and Local GAAP rules and local legal statutory and accounting reporting requirements are met.
- Assist the R2R team in all external audits, including tax audits from governmental agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are compliant for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Ensure appropriate systems, processes, tools and business relationships exist to enable effective legal entity controllership and compliance.
- Support GBS initiatives and ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Develop with the role to expand responsibilities within the GBS organisation.
- Established a strong control environment to ensure we were compliant against the regulatory requirements in the countries we operate in;
- Challenge and empower your colleagues to challenge the status quo and continue to strive for scalable compliant reporting.
Education & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.