External Audit Manager, Assurance
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential business unit in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide our clients including companies, investors and regulators a peace of mind by using your skills and experience to them confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussions with the management on accounting and reporting matters and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
We are seeking a driven and ambitious Manager to join this exciting and fast-growing area of our business. You will play a key role in driving growth by developing new and enhancing existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience through high profile engagements. In return for helping us to build a better working world, you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the senior manager/partner and execute it in compliance with EY's policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement.
- Manage projects and engagements profitably by leading the team to perform efficiently.
- Monitor the assurance team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Generate new audit business opportunities by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Coach and develop people by sharing knowledge with team members and helping team members attain experiences that cultivate technical competencies.
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the assurance team.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/on-the-job training
- Maintain cooperative relationships with other assurance teams
- Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks.
Skills and attributes for success
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Obtained CPA Singapore qualification
- At least 5 years of related work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms will be highly advantageous
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.