Actuarial Manager / Senior Manager / Director - FS Consulting - Dublin
Actuarial (Life) Manager / Senior Manager / Director – FS Consulting - Dublin
EY’s Global Actuarial Services practice, with over 1,400 actuarial professionals covering over 150 countries, ranks in the Top 3 actuarial services practices in the world.
In Europe we have over 650 actuarial professionals across 17 countries. In a unique structure, by partnering with other practices across EY and being part of one team, we aim to provide truly integrated services across all disciplines in Insurance, Risk and Financial Services.
Through our knowledge of the local (re) insurance market, global (re)insurance industry, and our understanding of business needs of our clients, we have built a strong reputation as a leading actuarial and insurance advisor, offering broad and diverse opportunities to our employees.
In Dublin our actuarial team offers a wide range of life and non-life business consulting and audit services. We work closely with the actuarial teams in both the UK and across Europe, and often on multi-service line engagements with our Risk, Assurance and Performance Improvement consultancy colleagues.
We offer a wide range of services, providing a mix of business consulting and assurance assistance to clients on:
- Solvency II
- IFRS 17
- Financial reporting
- Reinsurance & capital management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial and actuarial transformations
- Internal model approval support
- Due diligence
We are currently undergoing a period of expansion and looking to recruit a number of talented, experienced and ambitious actuaries to cope with growing demand for actuarial services. In particular, we are looking for a life actuarial Manager / Senior Manager / Director to join our team.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be involved in the successful delivery and management of actuarial and multidisciplinary projects, including both the relationship with clients and the performance of the internal EY team.
- You will be expected to drive the production of client deliverables, with an emphasis on quality and teaming. You will have a responsibility for assisting with the management and development of more junior colleagues.
- You will have a number of areas of technical excellence, participating in the research and development required to support the growth of these fields of expertise. You will be expected to adopt an account management mind-set, identifying client specific needs. You will be able to positively promote the EY strategy, services and values.
- You must be confident and credible in taking the lead in client interactions and in building market profile.
- You will work across a broad range of projects both as part of the assurance and business consulting practices. You will look to develop their EY network through working on multi-disciplinary projects across different service lines.
Skills and attributes for success
- Qualified Actuary, with a minimum of 5 years PQE (depending on level) and proven experience in life insurance/reinsurance or life consultancy, preferably with IFRS 17 or related experience
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- IT programming (e.g. in the form of asset/liability model development) or actuarial software experience (e.g. MoSes, Prophet)
- Awareness of and interest in the challenges facing the life insurance industry
To qualify for the role you must have
- Previous experience in managing teams and delivering projects
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and managing multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral format
- Focus on deadlines, discipline and process, yet flexible and pragmatic
- Professional attitude and demeanour
- Confident dealing with clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous experience in at least two of the following areas:
- IFRS 17
- Solvency II
- Financial reporting
- Capital and Risk Management
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and business consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.